Post 660 is happy to accept and properly dispose of all damaged cotton flags. At this time we cannot accept Nylon flags. However, with proper respect shown to the flag, anyone is free to dispose of the flag and the steps below should serve as a guide:
1. The flag should be folded in it's customary manner.
2. It is important that the fire be fairly large and of sufficient intensity to ensure complete burning of the flag.
3. Place the flag on the fire.
4. The individual(s) can come to attention, salute the flag, recite the Pledge of Allegiance and have a brief period of silent reflection.
5. After the flag is completely consumed, the fire should then be safely extinguished and the ashes buried.
6. Please make sure you are conforming to local/state fire codes or ordinances.